We love meeting newly engaged couples and we love the entire process of wedding planning! But, most of all we love when brides and grooms ask us questions when it comes to booking their perfect venue aka Highland Stables (wink wink)
Engagements and wedding planning bring such an exciting time in your life; but after saying "I do" you are probably asking yourself "Now, what do we do first?"
Many would agree the first step in the planning process is choosing your venue.
A few things you need to consider while choosing the venue for your wedding day are...
Budget - If you love the venue but it’s out of your price range, ask if there are any other options they can offer you- such as reduced rates in off seasons, weekdays and/or Sundays. No one says you HAVE to have your wedding on a Saturday. It's your day remember...
Wedding Date - Do you have a particular date or are you flexible with your date? Venues can book as far out to a year or to 2 years - but if you're flexible it may be easier for you to find a date that works for you, your fiancee, plus your families.
Style - This is often the deciding factor. If you desire a rustic, romantic setting but you are touring a modern, sleek space you can most likely cross that one off your list. Stick to what you love and envision for your perfect day, you won't regret it in the end.
After you've considered your budget, wedding date, and style then...
Now you can set up a time time for your official visit with the venue staff. While visiting you should be able to meet the staff and get an overall feel if the space is right for you and your nuptials. And most importantly get your questions answered! Remember, take your time in the meeting and really try to envision what your wedding day will look like from beginning to end in the space. The venue staff will be there to help you with any questions that you may have. We have listed 10 very important questions to ask while on your venue visit. Get these answered and you're on your way to choosing your perfect venue!
10 Important Questions to Ask:
1. What is your pricing and what is included in the price?
2. How many guests does the space accommodate?
3. Is there separate seating for ceremony and reception areas?
4. Is there ample parking for guests on site?
5. If your ceremony is outside, what options do you have as a back up plan in case of bad weather?
6. Are there any dressing rooms or lounges to get dressed in?
7. Are there ample restrooms for your guests?
8. Will someone, such as venue staff, be on site during your event?
9. Do you have a preferred vendor list? Are you required to use them?
10. What is the deposit? Payment schedule? Cancellation policy?
Asking these questions the day of your venue visit will help to make your already perfect day, go absolutely flawless!
What did you like most about this blog post? Let us know in the comments below!
For more information on what Highland Stables has to offer you, call us at 270.393.2111.
We would absolutely love to answer your questions!